REDUCTION AND IMPROVEMENT OF OUR PACKAGING
Tonnellerie Cadus adopts new packaging solutions to reduce its environmental impact.
A SOLUTION FOR OUR PACKAGING 100% BIODEGRADABLE OR RECYCLABLE WHICH GUARANTEES THE PROTECTION AND INTEGRITY OF THE BARRELS DURING STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
WHY RETHINK OUR PACKAGING ?
- Reduce our environmental impact to be part of a responsible approach
- Providing solutions in waste management to winemakers
- Create synergies with partners in Burgundy
Concrete actions have been implemented for several years to limit the impact of our activity on the environment :
- In 2011, installation of a boiler recycling our wood dust to light or heat parts of the cooperage
- From 2015, launch of the “ 1 barrel purchased, 1 tree planted ” program in partnership with the Naudet nursery
Cardboard : recyclable, it protects the barrel heads and bottoms.
Stretch film : recyclable, it guarantees the protection and integrity of the drum during transport.
Hemp fiber canvas : biodegradable and compostable, it protects the barrel during transport.
Bubble wrap : replaced by hemp fiber canvas.
FOR YOU, WINEMAKER, THAT MEANS :
The primary guarantee of protection of the barrels during transport
Less waste to manage
A new biodegradable and compostable solution with the introduction of hemp canvas
THE ADVANTAGES OF HEMP
At the end of its life, the fabric does not constitute waste. On the contrary, it enriches the soil by degrading, which is particularly relevant to industries like agriculture and viticulture.
- 100% French natural fibers
- 100% biodegradable / biocompostable
- Blocks the growth of weeds, avoids weeding
- Thermal protection
- Reduces watering needs & permeable to water
- Promotes the growth of plantations
- Beneficial to soil life
- Usable in organic agriculture
Géochanvre, located in Burgundy, mainly uses hemp from Burgundy and is also working to integrate linen from Burgundy.
The company relies on an innovative technology protected by an international patent, making it possible to produce a non-woven textile by simply spraying water under high pressure on vegetable fiber, without requiring the addition of glue or additives (process hydroentanglement).
Thanks to this process, Géochanvre manufactures in Burgundy a range of mulches made from 100% locally-grown fibers, most notably, hemp, a crop that grows without pesticides.
The only mulching fabrics certified by ECOCERT. The entire Geochanvre mulch range is Ecocert certified, which means that they can be used in organic farming in accordance with regulations (EC) n° 834/2007 and 889/2008 – ECOCERT SA F Control – 32600